Frequently Asked Questions
Browse answers to commonly asked questions about Tired Teddies, its uses and more by parents and customers.
1. Tired Teddies cost more than regular melatonin. Is it worth it?
Great question. Tired Teddies is melatonin for kids, dosed and manufactured the way it should be. We here at TeddyMD are parents on limited budgets, just like you. We are not fans of price gouging. The additional cost of Tired Teddies is a reflection of higher production costs incurred in order to provide a superior product. Here’s what that means:
2. Where can I buy Tired Teddies?
We are currently working hard to expand our retail presence to a pharmacy or health food store near you. If you want to see Tired Teddies in stock at your favorite local store, tell the manager of said store to start stocking it. They will likely contact us, which helps speed up the process tremendously.
3. Who benefits most from using Tired Teddies?
- A.) Kids with ADHD or ADD who struggle to fall asleep / sleep through the night.
- B.) Kids with ASD who struggle to fall asleep and/or maintain a healthy sleep pattern.
- C.) Kids in unfamiliar environments, like airplanes, hotels, road trips, etc.
- D.) Anyone (especially kids) that needs some occasional extra help getting to sleep and staying asleep.
4. Is Tired Teddies Taking the Easy Way Out?
Please don’t misunderstand: we are HUGE proponents of maintaining a healthy bedtime routine, and we strive to keep up on all the latest research-based sleep books. Tired Teddies works best when combined with a great bedtime routine.
5. Is Using Tired Teddies the Same as Drugging my Child?
No. Tired Teddies contain small amounts of all-natural herbs and melatonin, which is a naturally occurring hormone that regulates sleep-wake cycles.
6. What are the active ingredients and what do they do?
Tired Teddies helps your child’s body relax and stay asleep. Melatoninhelps them feel sleepy, fall asleep faster, and experience deep, natural sleep for longer. Echinaceahelps strengthen their immune system. California poppy, wild lettuce, and lemon balm extractall promote feelings of sleepiness and relaxation of the mind and body.
To see a picture of the label, click here.
7. Can I give Tired Teddies to my baby?
Because Tired Teddies contains Melatonin, it is not recommended for use in kids under the age of one. Before giving Tired Teddies to any child with irregular sleep cycles, you should seek a physician’s opinion.
8. Is Tired Teddies regulated by the FDA?
As a dietary supplement, Tired Teddies packaging, labeling, ingredients and manufacturing quality are FDA regulated pursuant to the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act.
9. Do you ship Tired Teddies internationally?
Unfortunately Tired Teddies is only available for sale in the United States and Canada due to variations in supplement laws in different countries.
10. Is Tired Teddies safe?
Yes. Tired Teddies meet the safety standards of the Dietary Health and Supplement Act (DSHEA) and the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act. Because they contain small amounts of melatonin, some children should not take Tired Teddies. Children with allergies to ragweed, epilepsy, a history of seizures, or who are currently taking any form of anti-depressant or anti-psychotic medication should not take Tired Teddies. Also, never combine Tired Teddies with any type of sleep medication.
11. Are Tired Teddies habit forming?
No! Your child will not become dependent on Tired Teddies to get to sleep. In fact, Tired Teddies will help his or her body re-establish its own natural rhythm. In other words, it has the opposite effect of being habit forming.
12. Where are Tired Teddies manufactured?
Tired Teddies are manufactured at a facility in the United States that follows GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) guidelines and is certified by the NSF (National Safety Foundation). All raw materials are tested for quality and purity, and each batch is tested to verify accuracy in dosing. We understand and recognize the importance of delivering only the highest quality product possible.
Tired Teddies are distributed and sold by TeddyMD LLC.
13. What is the best way to use Tired Teddies for nap time?
For naps, it is best to use just 1/2 of a Teddy. Also, make sure the nap doesn’t go longer than 3 hours, and that they don’t start their nap later than 3pm.
14. How do I get a refund if I am dissatisfied?
To receive a refund, please fill out the Contact Us form and include the date of purchase or the order ID, or call us at: 801-374-7303.